- The anchor is down and the sails are furled,
and the harbor gaskets passed.
Lay down from aloft, clear up the deck,
The voyage is finished at last.Chorus:
The voyage is finished at last, my boys
The voyage is finished at last.
- There are twenty crimps in twenty boats
And the runners grasp my hand
With a pat on the back and a drink of rum
To freshen my nip for the land.
- I pack my dunnage and laugh and swear
This voyage will be my last,
I’ll find a girl and settle down
Tied up to her snug and fast.
- Then over the side and into a boat
With my old worn canvas bag.
Runner and crimp, bend to your oars
And I think of blonde haired Mag.
- Oh blonde-haired Mag of the voyage before,
Her lips are scarlet red.
Will she be there waiting on the quay
A tossing her wanton head.
- Oh Cock-eyed Pete keeps a right good house
And his mistress tends the bar
Stretch to your oars, runner and crimp,
You’re pulling a thirsty tar.
- Come bear a hand for that festive house
Where the amber schooners foam,
And the lights of love drink wine of life
When deepwatermen come home.
- Oh blonde-haired Mag is dead and gone,
But laughing Liz I have found,
While my payday lasts there’s wine and love
Tomorrow I’m outward bound.